The Gourmet Guardian is Australia’s only food safety company owned and operated by a former Apprentice Chef of the Year who knows what it takes to make your food practices safer than your competitors’ by empowering your staff so they never embarrass you (again).
You can uncross your fingers knowing an outbreak won't happen to you because we have all the appropriate certified industry skills and scientific knowledge incorporating a 97 point checklist and a ‘Safe Food Guarantee’ so your employees are aware of your regulatory requirements and the consequences to them if they do not comply.
9 Reasons To Choose The Gourmet Guardian
- We offer a wide range of cost effective and practical food safety solutions;
- Our Food Safety Programs and an 11 point checklist make achieving your HACCP Certification simple, with little interruption to your business.
- We develop Food Safety Programs that are specifically designed for your business and can incorporate existing monitoring and digital systems if appropriate/ compliant;
- We work with MFC Safe (a specialised Asia Pacific industry partner) that can digitise your existing Food Safety Programs or the Food Safety Programs we prepare;
- Our certified Food Safety Auditors are fully qualified to the highest standard AND have hands on practical industry experience;
- We offer a range of Food Safety Training courses covering all food industry sectors;
- We work with a global developer of training materials (Olive Learning) that can create powerful, easy to use learning applications allowing you to train and develop your employees with a rewarding, engaging experience (we also have access to more than 40 off the shelf courses that can training your employees by tomorrow);
- We GUARANTEE that the HACCP Program we prepare will result in HACCP certification for your business at the first attempt or we give you your money back;
- We go beyond mere compliance to ensure you achieve Food Safety Excellence!
- We make food safety fun by interacting with your employees during training and providing real life solutions that are practical and easy to understand;
- Our Founder and Managing Director is an award winning Qualified Chef with tertiary Food Technology AND Confectionary Manufacture qualifications;
- Our employees all have hands on experience including as chef's in restaurants, hotels and aged care, in butchers and even on farms;
- Our employees have worked in HACCP Certified kitchens;
- We audit, manage and prepare HACCP Programs;
- Our external Food Safety Auditors are certified by Exemplar Global at the highest level (Level 4 High Risk in the National Food Safety Auditor Scheme);
- Multiple employees are members of the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST) and our Founder and Managing Director was on the National Cook Chill committee (when operating);
- Gavin Buckett was the “yellow jersey winner” in the Empowernet Business Mastery Platinum Program and also participated in the Internet Mastery Platinum Program;
- We have deliver training on behalf of the Victorian Government as part of a food allergens pilot training project set up and announced by Daniel Andrews (when he was Health Minister);
- We have a NO RISK guarantee for HACCP certification;
- We are the food safety specialists that provide the food safety articles for Simplot Australia’s “Food for Thought” magazine (circulation > 70,000);
- We have an “11 point checklist for HACCP certification success” where we walk our clients through the entire HACCP certification process from Day 1 to independent HACCP Certification;
- We have helped about 200 companies or sites achieve independent HACCP Certification;
- We provide ongoing support to our clients AFTER they achieve HACCP certification (if required). We don’t just provide a folder with words in it and walk away;
- We tell of our existing clients that you are now HACCP certified (if you want us to);
- We have a “97 point training checklist, to ensure your staff never embarrass you again”;
- We provide an email subscription service that provides value packed educational food safety bulletins that benefit clients and prospects;
- We work when you want including hospitality hours, early starts and weekends if required (some of our competitors conduct Internal Audits on closed kitchens as it suits them);
- We provide practical solutions (recommendations) with scientific knowledge attached (and not just a list of problems);
- We understand food allergens. We can help you find the hidden allergens in your menu items and show you multiple ways in which you can provide helpful and accurate advise to your customers;
- We provide allergen management solutions including the preparation of Allergen matrices;
- We operate Australia wide (as well as in Fiji and new Zealand when needed).
- We believe that food can be good quality as well as being safe;
- We are part of the Working Party for the Code of Practice for Pest Management in the Food Industry;
- Our Founder and Managing Director has also owned and operated a food business.