"I would rather cut meat for 8 hours instead of do paperwork for one hour!"
Does this sound like something you would say?
This is a real quote from a butcher in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. While he understood that food safety compliance was important, he didn't enjoy the verification and validation side of food safety compliance.
For other business owners and Managers, they may not have the time, skills or knowledge OR they just want peace of mind that they are doing what they say they are doing.
The Gourmet Guardian have been providing Internal Food Safety Audits to the companies we assisted in becoming HACCP Certified or for whom we have developed a Food Safety Program throughout Australia since 2003. That's almost 20 YEARS!
Our Food Safety Auditors all have hands on practical experience (as chefs, bakers, butchers or as Managers) so we know and understand how the kitchens and manufacturing areas that we are entering operate.
The Gourmet Guardian currently undertake Quality Assurance activities for clients where we review their food handling operations from twice a week to once a year, including weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly (either scheduled or randomly). This service can include verification and validation activities that are required by your HACCP Program or Food Safety Program including:
- Internal Audit;
- Management Review Meeting;
- Mock Recalls;
- Verification and filing of completed records;
- Refresher or induction training;
- HACCP Program Reviews
- Corrective Actions;
- Review of Approved Suppliers;
- Label reviews;
- Customer complaint investigation and recording;
- HACCP Program or Food Safety Program updates and amendments;
- Attending council inspections, External Audits or Supplier Audits;
- Arranging external micro testing (including water, ice, environmental swabs, food, allergen detection and nutritional panel) as well as reviewing results once received.
For more information, click here to contact us or phone on 1800 FOOD SAFETY (1800 366 372)